Patented iMachining: "Truly Amazing"
This is what customers, machine tool manufacturers, and tooling companies alike say about iMachining. The revolutionary iMachining CAM module will make you and your CNC machines more profitable and more competitive than ever before. iMachining, a real breakthrough in CNC milling tool path technology, enables extremely faster and deeper machining by optimizing tool cutting angles and feed rates on every tool path position.
- Increased productivity due to shorter cycles times - 70% savings and more!
- Dramatically increased tool life – 5 times and more
- Unmatched hard material machining & Outstanding small tool performance
- 4-axis and Mill-Turn iMachining
- Automatic, optimal feeds and speeds on every toolpath position
- High programming productivity
- Shortest learning curve in the CAM industry
- Combined roughing, finishing and rest material functionality in one single job.
- Multi-tool: Easily define and edit related jobs that use multiple tools, all from within a single interface. Geometry and Levels are synchronized, and rest material is tracked automatically.
- iRough + iFinish: Optimized roughing and finishing in the same job with the same tool. Ideal for prototyping and the machining of soft materials.
- iFinish: Suitable for hard materials and precise machining with separate tools for finishing floors and walls.
- Optimized rest roughing and bottom finishing of 2.5D features with various strategies.
iMachining uses an advanced, patented morphing spiral that gradually conforms to the geometry of the feature being machined rather than a conventional offset toolpath. This maximizes tool to stock contact or "tool in the cut" time.
In order to most efficiently attack large areas of material removal as well as stand-alone islands, they are separated or subdivided into smaller sections using iMachining’s patented Moating technology. This maximizes the continuous morphed spiral cutting.
iMachining tool paths only cut the stock that needs to be removed, eliminating "air cuts". From the initial approach, right to the last cut, rest material tracking ensures every tool path is always efficiently cutting material.
iMachining 2D with Feature Recognition
Technology that simplifies the Geometry definition process by a remarkable extent!
iMachining 2D's Feature Recognition technology detects and defines the part machinable features, by utilizing the solid model data, with minimal input from the user.
Feature Recognition Modes
- Faces: Smart Face technology builds chains by just the simple selection of faces. Entire pocket features and their levels, which can consist of varying depths, are recognized automatically.
- Chains: Machinable areas are recognized by chains in combination with the solid model data. Perfect for features not having a floor face to select, such as when milling through pockets and side profiles.
- Outside Feature Recognition: Machinable stock surrounding the target is recognized and its levels are detected automatically.
- Chains without Feature Recognition: Option to use SolidCAM's standard chaining method, without iMachining's Recognition and Protection functionality.
Recognition + Protection
Taking into account the Stock/Updated Stock and Target models, iMachining 2D automatically:
- Detects and avoids part features that create undercut areas
- Detects and extends stock material in open pocket areas
- Detects rest material at every stage of the machining process
- Protects the solid geometries against cutting tool collisions