iMachining 2D / 3D
Imagine putting the Knowledge and Experience of Hundreds of CAM and CNC Masters in the Palm of Your Hand – Experience iMachining’s Wizard & Toolpath!
- Select 2D geometries and quickly define iMachining operations on your part
- iMachining uses the full length of the tool, easily cutting even the toughest metals with the smallest diameter tools.
- The knowledge based, expert iMachining Technology-Wizard ensures optimal cutting conditions in any material – on any machine.
Automatic, high-speed milling tool path for optimized Roughing with “staircase reduction”, and Rest Roughing for general shaped and prismatic 3D parts.
- With its full-depth step-down, intelligent step-up and localized machining, iMachining 3D produces the shortest optimal cycle-times to rough and rest rough a complete 3D part, with True Scallop on all slopes, all in a single operation.
- iMachining 3D uses target and updated stock geometry from previous operations to automatically recognize areas it needs to machine, eliminating “air-cuts“ and optimizing tool repositioning.
iMachining Wizard + iMachining Tool Path = the Ultimate Solution!
Morphing Spirals: Beyond Trochoidal Cutting
iMachining uses an advanced, patented morphing spiral that gradually conforms to the geometry of the feature being machined rather than an old-fashioned, simple spiral tool path (racetrack). This maximizes tool to stock contact or “tool in the cut” time.
Moating: Divide & Conquer
In order to most efficiently attack large areas of material removal as well as stand-alone islands, they are separated or subdivided into smaller sections using iMachining’s patented Moating technology. This maximizes the efficient morphed spiral cutting.
Eliminate Wasted Time & Motion
iMachining tool paths only cut the stock that needs to be removed, eliminating “air cuts”. From the initial approach to the last cut, dynamically updated stock tracking ensures every tool path actually cuts material.
iMachining moves the cutting tool from one cut to another at the cut depth, only retracting when absolutely necessary.